Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan
Terug naar Voor nabestaanden na zelfdoding

Lost my brother

Hi all,

I hope it's ok for me to write in English. My Dutch isn't really good enough yet.

I lost my brother to suicide a few years ago. Just a few weeks after it happened, I moved away from my home country and started a new life here in NL. I kept it a secret and never told anyone about it. Now I feel so overwhelmed by grief and pain. I don't know what to do. I haven't been going to work for the last few months because I feel so overwhelmed. My partner doesn't know how to handle these heavy feelings and I think he is losing patience with me. I just want to talk to someone who has been in this situation. My brother and I were close and I miss him so much. I need help to deal with this in a healthy way.

Bezig met laden...

4 Reacties *

02 november 2022
Hi Lina, I'm so sorry for your loss. I read your post a couple of weeks ago and have thought about it ever since. I wanted to respond earlier. I lost my brother to suicide as well. We were very close, 4 years apart and I was the older one. I'm also not Dutch but have been living in Amsterdam for 6+ years. To go through this is a heartbreak that few can understand. If you would like to talk or meet up, or write or whatever. I would be very glad to do so as well.
14 oktober 2022
Hi Lina, I’m often in that area too, so I think it should be possible to arrange something :)
14 oktober 2022
Hi Lina, It must have been very difficult moving to another country so soon after losing your brother. I think it’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed even after a couple of years. In which region do you live now? Maybe it’s possible to meet up with people from this platform or to join a support group in the city you live in. Sending you lots of love!
14 oktober 2022

Als antwoord op door Anonymous (niet gecontroleerd)

Hi Marly, Thanks for your kind reaction. It would be really good to meet up. I live in Noord-Holland (Amsterdam/Haarlem area).