Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan
Terug naar Voor slachtoffers van seksueel misbruik en seksueel geweld

Stalking Story

Hi,

So Dutch is my second language and my writing isn’t that great in Dutch either so I hope that it is okay I am writing this in English.

I moved here in December of last year. In July I went to visit my mom in America as she was diagnosed with breast cancer. While there I met a man she was supposedly dating that I knew nothing about beforehand. He seemed nice enough. However when I left this man started obsessing over me. He asked my mom for pictures of me and started posting on LinkedIn that he and I were dating. He posted very obscene comments about sex in regards to me. My mom notified LinkedIn and then told me what was happening as well.

He then made a Facebook where he attempted to add me, my friends, and downloaded whatever pictures he could find of me. I blocked him as fast as I could, but he messaged me anyway. He added old employers of mine as well as friends and family. This quickly became a public ordeal. In the time he had a Facebook he claimed we were married, he used my name and face in dozens of posts every single day, and he kept adding hundreds of people a day.

During this he also made an Amazon account where he sold books with my name and face on the cover. He was profiting off me. One book was about mass shootings and how he found a way to cure them, another was about how hot he thought I looked paying billiards, another on our supposed coin collecting, and even a cookbook filled with recipes using my name as well. He even sent me money on a US money app (kinda like Tikkie) for $33 with a comment calling me wonderful and a link to a shrine website dedicated to me. 

That was all in August. Since that time he wrote 11 books, +30 YouTube videos, two shrine websites, and he sent packages to my work and my aunt. Sending the package to my job ruined my chances of getting a promotion at my job. I was granted a protective order in the US and my lawyer has been helping me in getting several accounts taken down. He’s broken my protective order and now I have to pursue him criminally. 

In the midst of all of this my emotions are all over the place. I always feel this intense anger. The moments I don’t feel anger are when I feel anxious or depressed. I’m going back on my anxiety medication starting tomorrow which should help. I’ve received little to no emotional support from family. I’ve only really received judgement. I’m expected to continue working long weeks (I work two jobs) even though my depression and anxiety make it hard to do so. I’m constantly told I should be fine or that this isn’t a big deal. I’ve been called dramatic on more than one occasion. I feel like I’m shutting down. I wish that I could talk to someone who gets it. I don’t have very many friends here nor do I feel like I can talk to the guy I’m seeing as openly about this as I’d like to. 

Bezig met laden...

2 Reacties *

26 november 2019
Dear JudeStone, Thank you for sharing your experiences on this platform. No matter what others tell you, what you feel and experience is what it is and should be taken seriously. No more no less. Apart from the legal actions you have been taken so far, it is sick and dramatic that you are harassed through social media by this person. Stalking you and using your identity must be stressful for you as it leaves you out of control. Did you share these experiences with your mom? And did this person the same to her and/or to other acquaintances of her as he is doing to you? The way you describe his actions appear to me that these are not standalone actions but more or less a neurotic distorted action by a person who needs te be stopped, but also who needs to be helped. I hope and wish that your lawyer is able to make him stop, however this can be difficult as internet is very open and difficult to use as proof. I hope everything turns out well for you. Take care. Best regards, Thijs.
26 november 2019

Als antwoord op door Anoniem (niet gecontroleerd)

Hi Thijs, Thank you for your comment and supportive words. It definitely helps. He has been harassing my mom as well but in a different way. He sends her text messages and emails essentially updating her on all the videos, websites, and books he’s been making. He doesn’t see her in a romantic light anymore. It seems to me that he sees her as a way to get to me. One of his exgirlfriends reached out to me in August as he also sends her emails. She testified in my court case to show that he continues to contact his victims even five years after a relationship has ended. He’s definitely quite deranged and I know that the fact that he has this fantasy of a relationship with me going on in his head makes it even more dangerous.