Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan
Terug naar Voor slachtoffers van geweld

Zware mishandeling

I'm CL, brazilian woman living in Netherlands for 11 years. My partner (future ex) is also brazilian. A time ago, I suspect that he had other woman cases when he was travelling (for work), we are married 25 years. I couldn't go further with this in my mind anymore, I asked him many times, but he always asnwered no. I knew the signs, I recognized that there were somethig wrong. On last mother's day, (after he was back from another trip), very stressful, nervous, during the bbq dinner, he was like upset with me and all around, our boys were with us for the dinner, and for one small comment that I have done about the meat on table, he shout with me and took a bbq knife, pointed in front of me (the kids watch all) and said aloud, shouting: TAKE CARE WHAT YOU SAY AND HOW DO YOU APEAK WITH ME....) 

Well, I was in schok, I didn`t finish the dinner, the boys couldn`t eat anymore. I didn`t call the police that night, but I asked the divorce and I said that was not a way to stay together. I was afraid. He ask apologize, forgiveness and promisses all. Then, the next twos weeks, we were like strangers at home,but in the same way he was trying to convince me for not go further with divorce. I was totally disillusioned. We stayed at the same house till 23 july, at night, we started to talk about us, and I said that I really wanted the divorce. He didn`t accepted, we started a discussion and he tried to kill me with the two hand on my neck, stopping my breath. For God, I am here to tell my story, today finished the contact verboden and I am afraid (again) that he will be back to home. The both in the same house is impossible. My boys also don'` t want. I need justice. I need to restart my life safety. I have my rights. I hope that slachtoffer can help me with emotional support and juridic process. 

Bezig met laden...

3 Reacties *

04 augustus 2022
Hi Cristiana, In my humble opinion: you do not need to wait for anyone or organization to consult a lawyer. The lawyer is THE one to give you advice in this matter. I sincerely hope that the court will decide on behalf of your favour. Best wishes, Arnold
04 augustus 2022
Hi Arnold, Thanks for your message. My boys are 22 and 13. I don'` t have a lawyer yet, slachtoffer didn't help me with that and I asked a private lawyer but he said I need to wait for this organization, slachtoffer. I still need to fill it up the formulier. The court will be on november.
04 augustus 2022
Hello Cristina, What a awful experience you had to go trough! And it is still going on. Thank you for sharing your story. We all here know its not easy to tell and share such a personal story. Are your Kids all adults? A understand that hé had a restraining order? So you had been to court? Either way, take contact asap with a or your lawyer. Wish you al the best in these difficult times. Best wishes, Arnold