Overslaan en naar de inhoud gaan
Terug naar Voor verkeersslachtoffers

ongeval met fietser die tegen openzwaaiende autodeur knalt

Gebroken Tibiaplateaufractuur.

Earlier this year, while riding a bicycle, a woman disregarding attention as she got out of a parked car, opened the door right in front of me.  I tried to avoid the door yet, but unfortunately it ran out and, hitting me, threw me to the other side of the road.  I don't remember the moment.  After falling, i normally tried to get up, but i felt one leg was limp and i couldn't get up.  I will briefly describe what irritated me and how the accident affected me.  On the fall, the woman did not come to me, she was preoccupied with the fact that the door was broken.  For almost an hour, i was lying on the road and was looked after by the doctor who came first after the call.  There was one guy - a witness - who called an ambulance.  The second witness was a woman who lived there, she helped cover me with a blanket and gave me water to drink.  A friend of mine who lived nearby also came and helped the doctor.  There is nothing in the report about the witnesses.  The woman who caused the accident is only a witness.  Different versions of the testimony.  After my efforts to prove that i was 100% injured, the insurance company recognized me as an injured person.  I didn't hear the word i'm sorry.  I wanted to get in touch with this woman just to chat.  Unfortunately, even the organization that dealt with mediation did not help.  The woman doesn't want to see me.  Personally, i have a great grudge against her.  The accident thwarted my plans for the whole year, it led to difficult situations in my relationship with my partner who, at the time of the accident, needed help himself, which i could no longer give him.

Two weeks before my accident, i completed the period of caring for him, which lasted from november last year.  Due to the increasing problems with getting us help, i decided to go to a psychologist.  So now what irritates me the most is that i don't know if this woman suffered any consequences at all.  Until today, there has been no judicial dissolution.  I can't go back to work.  I already know that i will definitely have problems with my knee all the time and for sure some health damage that can be determined only at the end of next year.  He is currently continuing fisotherapy 4x a week.  It is still known that i am waiting for an operation to remove the implants with screws that were placed at the knee.

Bezig met laden...

2 Reacties *

Standaard profielafbeelding
RJ
15 maart 2022
Thank you for sharing your story; there is a lot I recognise. Especially the grudge you hold against the woman who caused your injuries. My collision is nearly 10 months ago and still I can't work and am in rehabilitation while the perpetrator carries on with his life. No legal action is yet taken. Sometimes it's hard to put this all aside and focus on getting better and I know how much effort and energy that takes. Having people around me to put things in perspective and even joke about silly things does help to not get bitter. How ever hard it is, do try and focus on yourself getting better - the legal side will come but will take long. I hope you have taken on a 'letselschadeadvocaat' (legal counsel) to help with dealing with the insurance and everything financial deriving from your collision. Contact slachtofferhulp if you need more info on that (or me as I have a friendly and accurate one). There's a lot of incertainty at this moment and prior to your accident you already had a great deal on your plate. I found it hard to accept help at first but I'm happy I did as it is all too much to deal with by yourself. The fact you wrote this in English gives me the impression you are an expat here and as I have been an expat myself, I know how lonely it can be as your social local circle may be smaller. Reach out!
Standaard profielafbeelding
RJ
15 maart 2022
Thank you for sharing your story; there is a lot I recognise. Especially the grudge you hold against the woman who caused your injuries. My collision is nearly 10 months ago and still I can't work and am in rehabilitation while the perpetrator carries on with his life. No legal action is yet taken. Sometimes it's hard to put this all aside and focus on getting better and I know how much effort and energy that takes. Having people around me to put things in perspective and even joke about silly things does help to not get bitter. How ever hard it is, do try and focus on yourself getting better - the legal side will come but will take long. I hope you have taken on a 'letselschadeadvocaat' (legal counsel) to help with dealing with the insurance and everything financial deriving from your collision. Contact slachtofferhulp if you need more info on that (or me as I have a friendly and accurate one). There's a lot of incertainty at this moment and prior to your accident you already had a great deal on your plate. I found it hard to accept help at first but I'm happy I did as it is all too much to deal with by yourself. The fact you wrote this in English gives me the impression you are an expat here and as I have been an expat myself, I know how lonely it can be as your social local circle may be smaller. Reach out!